Начало   Правила Помощь Поиск Войти Регистрация  
Центр рейнджеров "Млечный путь"

28.03.2024 13:23:51
Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
Вам не пришло письмо с кодом активации?

Войти
Новости:
19.06.2023 12:12:17 - Форум ЕГ снова работает.
03.04.2020 10:16:49 - Ведётся подготовка к чемпионату "Механик"
31.05.2019 12:21:10 - ВНИМАНИЕ! ТЕМ КТО ХОЧЕТ ЗАРЕГИСТРИРОВАТЬСЯ НА ФОРУМЕ!
30.07.2018 01:30:46 - Флешмоб
24.04.2018 12:06:56 - Адрес Форума.

FAQ по тегам форума
FAQ по гильдиям

Творчество Гильдии Команды ТР СНК Кланы Соревнования Рейтинги Альбомы Чат  
Страниц: [1]
  Печать  
Тема: Questions about game mechanics of Space Rangers 2 Reboot 2.0
Offline Jack798

« : 27.07.2009 17:08:51 »
Hi,

Im brazilian, Im a fan of Space Rangers games for years now and I had played it many times.
I always read the worldwide forums regarding the game and always got a feeling that Im always missing the most important information about it, because I cant speak russian. So here I figure that some russian players might also speak english.

1. How do I randomize the artifact reward from a Black Hole? I go to a Black Hole, save it before entering, get inside, kill everything and get the "Arms" artifact. I dont want that. I want to "re-roll". How do I proceed? If there is 2 or more enemies I figure sometimes the drops depend on whoever was killed last. I also noticed that if I enter the Black Hole that will give me the "arms" artifact but if I already have one of those, it wont give me it again. So one of the game mechanics is: the black holes will never award you an artifact you currently have on your ship.
I also notice that If I load a game before the Black Hole spawn, it I just skip the time, the same Black Hole, with the same map and the same reward will spawn. But if I "play" the game instead of just skipping turns/days it might change the "future", so the same Black Hole might not spawn on the same place, since somewhat the "conditions" were changed. I want to know exactly what are those conditions, wich is that the game looks to before deciding when/where and wich map/reward a Black Hole will have.

Dont say its random, when I clearly know its dependent on certain factors.

What exactly do I want to know? How do I change the Black Hole map layout and or the artifact given after I finish it. Thats what I want to know. If there is an answer some russian player who speak english might know it.

2. Does the equipments/goods found on unhabitable planets through probe exploration are always the same for a given game?
I mean, if I put probe Operon 55, skip time untill it finished and then load the game and do the same, will I find exactly the same items? If not, what changes it?
In one game, I let the probe there and fast forward time, in the other, I put the probe there, but keep playing the game. I ask this because I want to know if I will be able to "foretell" if a certain planet is worth investing or not by using save games.

3. What factors the game uses to define the size of rangers/transport/pirates hulls?
If I have 2 thousand 30th march of 3300, rangers/transports have 300 hulls. If I have 1 million in 30th march of 3300 the rangers/transports hull increase to 900-1200.

So the game looks for the ammount of money you have to define wich will be the size of the hull of rangers and transports.

Those npcs who already existed dont change, but the newly created ones spawn based on your money.

4. Does Brain Wave Localizers work on Dominators the same way it works on Coalition npcs?

5. If I have 4 nanitoids, does their effects stack? How do they work? What artifacts stack together? Wich ones can be equipped?

I for one, know that if you have more than one droid junior, the other one cant be equipped, but what about other artifacts?

6. What factors in the minimum ammount of rangers in a given game at a given time?

7. Why is that everytime I kill a ranger, another one spawns one week later and if I none rangers dies, none gets spawned? How does it work for pirates and transports?

8. When I upgrade 3 droids with the same repair value, lets say 10. One goes to 18, one goes to 19, another one went to 21. What is it that makes the upgraded values change? The race controlling the scientific station, the race whose item belong to or the size/cost of the item before being upgraded?

9. About economy. Where can I find a guide on what type of economic system and race effects what? I know what the political systems of each race effects in terms of what can be sold/traded legally, thats not what I want to know. What I want to know is, for example, what type of economic system will garantee me that a certain planet will keep producing a certain type of good.

The objective is to know where are the best places to storage wich type of good to keep the demand high, so the prices are low, therefore making noone sell there.
Or where is the best place to buy from what type of good knowing that based on that economic system and race they are bound to produce X type of item.

My game has only one system left. Sun. Venus, Mars and Earth are the three planets. I want to know what planets produce food and who needs food. So I will storage food on the planets who dont produce it, so even though they need it badly, I made the game think they dont need to raise the prices because I storage stuff there.

On the planet who produces those goods, I camp there and keep buying. When I need to sell, I will go to one of those planets to wich I had storaged the goods on and take them out to a storage somewhere, then the prices will rise and I will sell untill they are satisfied. After that I will do the same with another good in another planet.

But first I need to understand what each economic system and race affects the production and demand of each good.

ok... I think those questions are good for now.
Thanks whoever is veteran enough to help me with those questions.
"Тройной ореон" за почётное второе место в стихотворном конкурсе "Романтика космоса - 2""Орден Дзухаллага" за лучший дебют на чемпионате "Квестомания""Орден Быка" за почётное третье место в чемпионате "Расхититель Гробниц"
"Орден Быка" за третье место в чемпионате по КР2 "Вторжение"."Орден Почётного Легиона" за активное участие в жизни форума свыше 1000 дней!Почётный "Калкитовый наконечник" за блестящую победу в чемпионате "Красная машина".
Почетный "Орден Единения" за блестящую организацию и проведение творческих конкурсов и викторин."Орден быка" за третье место в чемпионате "Зов судьбы"."Красный пантеон" за долгую и плодотворную работу в составе различных комиссий этого форума!
"Помутневшая клисанская рИгалия" — лучшему рейнджеру 2011 года, занявшему первое место в общесоревновательном рейтинге. Поздравляю, Yuuki! ;)"Медаль Элитной Охраны" — за выдающиеся заслуги перед форумом!"Зелёная миля" — награда почётному судье творческих конкурсов!
"Карта мира" — переходящая награда за первое место в рейтинге знатоков."Звезда Эгемона". Редчайшая награда Галактического Совета. Выдана за выдающиеся заслуги перед Форумом и за форумный стаж свыше 2000 дней"Помутневшая клисанская рИгалия" — лучшему рейнджеру 2013 года, занявшему первое место в общесоревновательном рейтинге. Поздравляю, Yuuki! ;)
"Символ Творца" — переходящая награда за первое место в творческом рейтинге
Offline Yuuki

Pokryschkin ist in der Luft!

« Ответ #1 : 27.07.2009 18:31:19 »
How do I randomize the artifact reward from a Black Hole?
As you have already noticed there is a possibility to get different arts from the BH. Each pirate has a fixed art in the BH (sometimes it has no art but some equipment). So you have a chance to get the desired art killing that pirate in the last turn. If you want to get the art which you already possess, you have to drop it in the BH and then lift it up after you have killed the last pirate.
I want to know exactly what are those conditions, wich is that the game looks to before deciding when/where and wich map/reward a Black Hole will have.
They are really varied. The future may be changed depending on:
1. Different day of entering the system;
2. Using afterburning;
3. Dropping/lifting the equipment;
4. Killing;
5. Getting missions...
How do I change the Black Hole map layout and or the artifact given after I finish it
Also if you have a spacious hull, you may collect the full art staff and using "subportal" you can travel aroung the galaxy using the so called BH-engine, because every time you enter the BH you obtain new "subportal", since the rest of arts you have aboard!
Does the equipments/goods found on unhabitable planets through probe exploration are always the same for a given game?
Yes. It is fixed. But not all of them are affordable in different periods of the game. Each thing has its fixed price and in the initial part of the game you can't dig out the equipment with high price, getting the fuel cistern instead.
if I will be able to "foretell"
It is possible to know exactly what each planet gives, but I don't know if there is any english version of computer programms that "strip off" the game's inner layout.

P.S. I'm in a hurry for a moment...but I'll be back later to answer the rest. ;)
"Тройной ореон" за почётное второе место в стихотворном конкурсе "Романтика космоса - 2""Орден Дзухаллага" за лучший дебют на чемпионате "Квестомания""Орден Быка" за почётное третье место в чемпионате "Расхититель Гробниц"
"Орден Быка" за третье место в чемпионате по КР2 "Вторжение"."Орден Почётного Легиона" за активное участие в жизни форума свыше 1000 дней!Почётный "Калкитовый наконечник" за блестящую победу в чемпионате "Красная машина".
Почетный "Орден Единения" за блестящую организацию и проведение творческих конкурсов и викторин."Орден быка" за третье место в чемпионате "Зов судьбы"."Красный пантеон" за долгую и плодотворную работу в составе различных комиссий этого форума!
"Помутневшая клисанская рИгалия" — лучшему рейнджеру 2011 года, занявшему первое место в общесоревновательном рейтинге. Поздравляю, Yuuki! ;)"Медаль Элитной Охраны" — за выдающиеся заслуги перед форумом!"Зелёная миля" — награда почётному судье творческих конкурсов!
"Карта мира" — переходящая награда за первое место в рейтинге знатоков."Звезда Эгемона". Редчайшая награда Галактического Совета. Выдана за выдающиеся заслуги перед Форумом и за форумный стаж свыше 2000 дней"Помутневшая клисанская рИгалия" — лучшему рейнджеру 2013 года, занявшему первое место в общесоревновательном рейтинге. Поздравляю, Yuuki! ;)
Offline Yuuki

« Ответ #2 : 28.07.2009 03:45:52 »
3. What factors the game uses to define the size of rangers/transport/pirates hulls?
If I have 2 thousand 30th march of 3300, rangers/transports have 300 hulls. If I have 1 million in 30th march of 3300 the rangers/transports hull increase to 900-1200.

So the game looks for the ammount of money you have to define wich will be the size of the hull of rangers and transports.

Those npcs who already existed dont change, but the newly created ones spawn based on your money.
This dependence really exist (if I'm not mistaken). :bow:
4. Does Brain Wave Localizers work on Dominators the same way it works on Coalition npcs?
Is that Brain Wave Localizer an artifact? We have in Russian version an artifact which is near to that...I'm sorry, but I never met English game terms. :unwit:
If I have 4 nanitoids, does their effects stack
No.
How do they work?
They start repairing as soon as the piece of equipment is 45% damaged. They do not repair the weapon of mass destruction - vertixes, torpedo launchers and IMHO-9000.
What artifacts stack together?
None.
What factors in the minimum ammount of rangers in a given game at a given time?
:wacko:
7. Why is that everytime I kill a ranger, another one spawns one week later and if I none rangers dies, none gets spawned? How does it work for pirates and transports?
I don't know... :shy:
When I upgrade 3 droids with the same repair value, lets say 10. One goes to 18, one goes to 19, another one went to 21. What is it that makes the upgraded values change? The race controlling the scientific station, the race whose item belong to or the size/cost of the item before being upgraded?
It is randomized. Each peace of equipment gets its own fixed diapason of possible upgrading as soon as it is spawned in the game.
About economy.
I have to admit that this topic is my weak point. My game tactics is far from that... :(
Бессрочное "Чёрное сердце" за мат.
Offline nctr

« Ответ #3 : 28.07.2009 05:37:09 »
8. When I upgrade 3 droids with the same repair value, lets say 10. One goes to 18, one goes to 19, another one went to 21.
see the attached table of upgrades. comments on russian, google-translate may help.

at generation, variables $current_game_day;  $galactic_capital;(not only player`s)  $bot`s_planet_tech_level. :crazy:

true. з.ы. Yuuki, Brain Wave Localizer=Blast Wave Localizer=ЛВВ  :eat:

But first I need to understand what each economic system and race affects the production and demand of each good.
emm...
Цитата: training for space rangers 1
Главное не забывай, что все расы разные. Малоки аскеты, у них роскошь запрещена, но очень дешева, а пеленги напротив любят роскошь. Люди и фэяне употребляют много алкоголя, а гаальская нация скупает минералы и за копейки продает технические товары. Также на цены товаров влияет экономический тип планеты, а на их количество - размер планеты и численность населения.
2russians, переведите это, пожалуйста, мой английский очень плох, а гуглю я не доверяю >_<
Offline sbach2o

« Ответ #4 : 06.01.2010 18:55:40 »
What factors in the minimum ammount of rangers in a given game at a given time?

Number of rangers in the game seems to depend on the number of free systems, maybe some closely related factor like the number of habitated planets under coalition control. When dominators conquer a system, dying rangers above the new reduced limit are not replaced, otherwise a new ranger is born the moment one dies.

Is it one week? I thought it was instant. About the 'why' I don't know. Just game mechanics, is my guess, so the number of rangers has some correlation to the power of the coalition's side.

I wish there was a lower limit (there is an upper limit of 53, I think). In my current game with hardboiled dominators we were down to four rangers at one point.

Does the equipments/goods found on unhabitable planets through probe exploration are always the same for a given game?
Yes. It is fixed. But not all of them are affordable in different periods of the game. Each thing has its fixed price and in the initial part of the game you can't dig out the equipment with high price, getting the fuel cistern instead.

Could there be a modification to this mechanic in Reboot?

If I am not mistaken, Reboot added pirate treasure maps. Could such a map actually unlock the listed items on a planet instead of merely pointing at them?

My guess is that such items cannot be accessed by other means. Even late in a game, when the galaxy is techlevel 8 and my equipment is pretty expensive, doing some probe exploration I usually find more fuel containers than other stuff, and rarely anything above techlevel three that wasn't on a treasure map (erm... on treasure maps is also rarely never anything useful besides artifacts and MMs). But I never bothered to take the cost of my ship's equipment to extremes with Iikebaanite MMs or similar tricks or make sure I have the expensive stuff actually equipped. (And maybe your wealth or ship cost play a role here as well?)  :rolleyes:

Offline Yuuki

« Ответ #5 : 06.01.2010 19:21:14 »
Could there be a modification to this mechanic in Reboot?
No.
There is a russian-language viewer for the game where one can see the list of objects (hidden on un.-planets) and their price.
Even late in a game, when my equipment is pretty expensive, doing some probe exploration I usually find more fuel containers than other stuff,
There are plenty of random fuel cans anyway.
Offline Келлероид -795-

Бей галактику - спасай доминаторов!

« Ответ #6 : 12.01.2010 23:24:33 »
to Jack798:
Цитата: training for space rangers 1, translated
Just don't forget - all races are different. Maloqs are ascetic - they ban luxury on their planets, however it is very cheap.  Pelengs never ever ban anything on their planets. Humans and Faeyans consume alot of alcohol, and Gaalians buy out minerals and sell technical goods for a miserable price. Prices are affected by the economical state of the planet, quantity is affected by the planets' size and population.

I'll add how the planetary economical state actually affects the prices:
1. Agricultural - food, first aid and alcohol are usually cheap, the planet has high demand for technical goods.
2. Mixed - everything is on medium prices, the planet demands are affected by the news.
3. Industrial - weapons and technical goods are usually cheap, the planet has high demand for food, first aid and minerals.

If you want to be a successfull merchant, you should regularly check the news, for example:
"A tectonic shift on planet Earth has just revealed a huge mineral deposit. The planet has just become a klondike."
This news post means that the planet Earth has an incredibly big amount of minerals in stock, and they are at a low price. Like :yes: :yes: .

Also, you should look for combined news posts like:
"A dangerous epidemic has just hit planet Rahish. The population is suffering and needs treatment. The technical goods prices have become very low, however."
This combined news post has three points of interest.
1. The planet, where the event occured.
2. The planets' demand of goods.
3. The planets' proposal.

Thanks for listening, and have fun!
Offline Sing_In_Silence

« Ответ #7 : 23.07.2010 14:09:34 »
Again, I hope that the thread necromancy is acceptable and apologize if not.

if you have a spacious hull, you may collect the full art staff and using "subportal" you can travel aroung the galaxy using the so called BH-engine, because every time you enter the BH you obtain new "subportal", since the rest of arts you have aboard!

Oh, that's brilliant! :P

And what the cistern was instead of is lost, right?

It is possible to know exactly what each planet gives, but I don't know if there is any english version of computer programms that "strip off" the game's inner layout.

You're talking about the 'Ranger Control Center' program?

-----

8. When I upgrade 3 droids with the same repair value, lets say 10. One goes to 18, one goes to 19, another one went to 21.
see the attached table of upgrades. comments on russian, google-translate may help.

Thanks for the table.

Google-translate actually did a fairly decent job.
(But apparently it doesn't know what a Ракетомет is.)

A couple of clarifications, if you please.
1st page - Equipment.
"Все формулы приводил ЧР. " = "All formulas quoted in the CR."
What is CR short for?

День (A, B). Day? I understand that it refers to the invisible modifier that decides how well the item will upgrade, I'm just curious as to what it actually means.

What does Очки mean? It translates as 'goggles'.  :confused:

вышеуказаному? It has no idea what that it.

-----

New questions:
* Does anyone know what 'Luck' (in the custom difficulty settings) actually affects?
* Is there any way (aside from Nanitoids) to counter the Electric Cutter's equipment damage?
I hate that so much. :<
(It damages everything. You can't even carry replacement spares in your hold, because they get damaged too!  :wall: )

Thanks guys. This is a good thread. :)
Offline Келлероид -795-

« Ответ #8 : 23.07.2010 22:30:47 »
Ракетомет
RAWKEHT LAUNCHAWGH!!!

What is CR short for?
Google failed. CR is short for CheatRanger, one of the old forum members.

I'm just curious as to what it actually means.
it refers to the invisible modifier that decides how well the item will upgrade
^ look up ^

What does Очки mean? It translates as 'goggles'.  :confused:
Score.

вышеуказаному? It has no idea what that it.
I'll translate the paragraph:
Цитата: Upgrade.xls
Выбор формулы A или B: 50% на 50% - случайный
 шанс привязаный к Текущему Игровому Дню и к
 вышеуказаному числовому номерку
Цитата: Upgrade.xls, translated
The choice of A or B: 50/50 - random
chance attached to the Current Game Date and to
the aforementioned number value.

* Does anyone know what 'Luck' (in the custom difficulty settings) actually affects?
Several in-game hardcoded formulas, such as money for assignments and tasks, chances of NPC creation with specified devices, etc.

* Is there any way (aside from Nanitoids) to counter the Electric Cutter's equipment damage?
1. Kill the enemy.
2. Technical and Maneuverability skills will reduce the damage, but devices will not repair by themselves.
Offline Sing_In_Silence

« Ответ #9 : 25.07.2010 05:01:17 »
RAWKEHT LAUNCHAWGH!!!

^_^ Yeah, I got that (Ракет), thanks.

I see.
Thank you very much :D

Should I put up the translated Upgrades.xls?
Offline Келлероид -795-

« Ответ #10 : 25.07.2010 11:32:49 »
Should I put up the translated Upgrades.xls?
Why would you need to do that?
Offline Sing_In_Silence

« Ответ #11 : 27.07.2010 12:29:17 »
To save time/effort for the next person who wants it.

On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be much demand and it's not that hard to do in the first place.

So whatever :p
Бессрочное "Чёрное сердце" за мат.
Offline nctr

« Ответ #12 : 30.07.2010 15:31:51 »
День (A, B). Day?
there is variable named $current_game_day, used by almost all game events (so, in many cases it prevent save/load cheating). but that comment outdated. in the latest patches you may choose formule that you need.

Is there any way (aside from Nanitoids) to counter the Electric Cutter's equipment damage?
engines, forsage, missiles.

What does Очки mean? It translates as 'goggles'.
google not so far from truth  :crazy:
Страниц: [1]